Repokar Bidding Policy
When placing a bid on a vehicle in an auction or submitting an offer for a vehicle using “Buy It Now” or “Best Offer,” you are entering into a transaction and subjecting yourself to the rights and responsibilities of our Terms and Conditions.
Under the terms of such a bid, you are expressly consenting to share your information with your seller under certain circumstances and consenting to the seller contacting you about your offer on a vehicle or similar vehicles for sale.
RepoKar sellers who are high-volume sellers have access to bidder information for all bidders participating in a particular Auction transaction. These dealers may contact buyers about particular vehicle in auction on or to discuss additional inventory that might be of interest to a buyer.
Repokar sellers that receive this bidder information are only authorized to use this information for the purposes that buyers have expressly consented to, and are bound by Terms and Conditions regarding the use of personal information they receive from RepoKar.
Car listing and inappropriate comments policy
Since Repokar is a place where people buy cars, it is important that sellers create listings that offer physical cars for sale. We do not allow listings that are not offering actual cars for sale or those that have intangible items (physically inexistent items).
Listings also should not include personal opinions, political views, or offensive comments about Repokar members. See the guidelines below for more details on our policy.
Make sure your listing follows our guidelines. If it does not, your listing may be removed, and your buying and selling privileges could be restricted.
Trade and Want ads are not allowed
- Listings that function as ads where people ask if you have what they're looking for.
- Trades - listings that tell people you will accept a trade or a partial trade as payment
If you have one item to sell, you should create only one listing for the said item. We do not allow duplicate listings for the same single item.
Listing With No Car for Sale
Listing which does not offer any type of physical motor for sale is prohibited
A test listing can come in handy if you want to check your listing before posting it for everyone to see. However, you may choose a future date of auction for this type of listings so people do not confuse the test listing with a real auction.
Selling Practices Policy
To run a great business, sellers work hard to ensure smooth and professional transactions with their buyers. This includes setting buyer expectations and meeting those expectations.
Some of the basic things you can do as a seller are to provide accurate and consistent details about your item and be clear and concise about the terms and conditions of the sale. You should also make every effort to provide excellent customer service from start to finish, including:
- Adding the most accurate car condition report
- Responding to buyers' questions promptly
- Being professional throughout the transaction
- Ensuring vehicle is delivered to buyer as described in sellers' listing
- If you have a Post Sale or Pre Sale inspection available make sure to follow the timeline
You're required to:
- Describe only the car you're selling in the listing and the terms of the sale
- Provide complete and accurate details
- Specify the condition of an item
- Describe any defects or flaws of the item-this helps avoid problems or buyer's dissatisfaction.
- Note: Include as many images as you can so a customer can have a general, yet thorough, idea of a car’s physical condition.
You are not allowed to:
- You are not allowed to include conflicting or misleading car information in a listing. For example, if you are offering a car with multiple scratches on the body you cannot say "Paint like new.”
- You cannot include photos that do not accurately represent the car for sale.
- Do not include in the listing outdated and inaccurate vehicle history reports which may not contain the most current history for a vehicle.
- Do not include in the Listing an outdated car inspection report. Each car inspection report uploaded to Repokar needs to have the 3rd party body/mechanical shop name, address, and telephone number. These information cannot be dated later than 30 days from the date of inspection.
Along with the description, photos are the most important part of a listing. They allow buyers to see exactly what they are getting, as well as see specific details they may be looking for. When selling used cars, photos are especially important because they allow a buyer to see a car’s actual condition. Photos allow you to set more realistic and accurate expectations for buyers.
When creating your listing please keep the following policies in mind:
- Every listing must have a photo of the actual item being sold. Placeholder images used to convey messages, such as no image available, stock availability, or other marketing messages, are not allowed.
- Do not add borders to your photos.
- All photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side of the picture.
- Do not add additional text or other marketing materials to the photos, except watermarks. All watermarks need to meet the following requirements:
- Watermarks should be used for ownership and attribution, but not for marketing.
- Watermarks should not obscure or interfere with the item in the photo.
- Watermarks should only contain a Repokar user ID or company name.
- Watermarks should not contain specific information about your product or customer service.
- Watermarks should be no bigger than 5% of your photo and have a transparency of no less than 50%.
To improve your performance on Repokar, provide an excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding your buyers’ expectations.
- Respond promptly to any questions during the bidding or buying process, as well as after the item has been purchased.
- Communicate professionally, including emails and the built in chat feature on RepoKar.com
- Be responsive to concerns or problems of a buyer.
- You're not allowed to use profane or offensive language with anyone on Repokar.
- You're not allowed to send anyone on RepoKar inappropriate images including nudity, profanity, or other general content not related to your car listing
- You are not allowed to use Repokar as advertising or marketing of other products than the one you have for sale on Repokar.
When buyers bid on or purchase a car from RepoKar, they should feel confident that the car is available and will be delivered in a timely manner.
Sellers must ensure a car’s availability for the duration of its listing and delivery, unless a buyer does not meet the terms of a seller’s listing.
If you run into an inventory problem that is beyond your control, you are still responsible for informing a buyer immediately that a car is no longer available for sale and delete the listing from Repokar, accordingly.
You can not list on Repokar cars which are not in your possession.
Terms and conditions of sale
You're required to include the following details in your listing:
- Forms of payment you accept
- Shipping method, costs, and other information
- Taxes and any applicable government imposed fees (such as used cars sale fee, documentation fees)
- Terms of the transaction
Sellers are required to meet the expectations set for a particular listing.
You are not allowed to provide inconsistent or misleading information on the terms and conditions of a sale.
Once a buyer commits to purchasing an item, you cannot change the terms of the sale.
Examples of prohibited behavior include:
- Not providing a Post-Sale Inspection when it is included in your terms and conditions.
- Not Provide the Pre-Sale inspection when it is included in your terms and conditions.
- Providing false information about shipping or payment methods.
- Stating in a listing that you accept returns when stated otherwise.
You are not allowed to say that you are not responsible for ensuring that the car is delivered as described.
Links and Video Policy
A Seller is not allowed to use any type of links in a car description. A Seller is not allowed to refer buyers within description to another selling source they may have the car in subject for sale as well.
The uploaded video must refer only to the car listed for sale, and cannot contain external links or any type of advertising.
Avoid Paying RepoKar Fees Rule
A Seller may not collect the Repokar seller's fee from a buyer, if the Buyer and seller agrees to cancel the transaction after the purchase outside Repokar. A Seller will still be responsible, however, of paying Repokar seller’s fees. If the Purchase was cancelled due to a faulty Post-Sale Inspection results with report damages of over $250 in repair costs, the seller will have to pay for the car inspection and for the seller's fees as well.
A seller is prohibited to offer a buyer to complete the transaction outside Repokar. If Repokar detects such intent a seller’s account will be terminated, and all accumulated fees before termination will be collected from said seller’s account on the day of cancellation.
Our rules are designed to help keep buying and selling safe, fair, and enjoyable.
When a bidder is placing a bid he no longer can retract or cancel it or when a buyer wins a car or uses “Buy Now” to purchase the car, a buyer is obligated to complete the purchase by sending full payment to a seller.
If a buyer does not pay within a seller's terms, a seller can open an unpaid item case in the Repokar Dispute Center. If the buyer still does not pay or reach some other agreement with a seller, Repokar may suspend a buyer’s account without the right to register again.
A buyer must follow a seller's payment terms in order to properly complete a transaction. Do not pay a seller via Money Gram, Western Union, or any other money transfer services. All registered sellers with Repokar are legal US-based businesses and should accept the most common methods of payment such as money orders, checks, or credit cards.
To report suspicious sellers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules about bidding and paying
You cannot bid on items, or use RepoKar at all, if you have false contact information on your account.
- Buyers and sellers need to be able to get in touch with each other, and we need to be able to get in touch with the parties involved.
- You must pay for any item you buy.
- Majority of cars on RepoKar are sold in an auction-style format where you can make bids. Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for “Buy Now” or “On Offer” purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy may cause your account to be suspended.
- You can only bid if you really intend to buy the item, even if you are making a non-winning bid.
- You cannot bid on your own item.
- Bidding on your own car violates Repokar policies. It is against the law in many places.
- Be careful about bidding on several items, if you only want one.
- If you are the winning bidder of more than one listing, you are required to purchase all the items, even if they are the same or similar.
- You cannot retract the bid after it is confirmed.
- Make sure you read the item description before you bid.
- Many problems buyers and sellers encounter start with a simple misunderstanding about what is for sale and the terms of the sale. You should only bid on or buy an item if you meet the seller's requirements. These are described in the item listing. If you bid on an item and you do not meet the seller's requirements, the transaction will be cancelled and you will receive a strike.
- If you know the seller, you cannot bid on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability. This rule applies to family, friends, roommates, employees, and online connections.
- Items bought outside of RepoKar are not covered by our policies, and you are not protected against fraud.
Rules About Feedback
You cannot abuse Repokar's Feedback system. This means you cannot leave a seller a negative feedback if that seller will not do something that is not promised in the original listing. Also, you cannot leave a Feedback if you are only doing it to help increase a seller's Feedback score. You cannot leave a feedback to sellers you have not purchased with through RepoKar auctions.
If you are having problems with a seller and cannot resolve the conflict, you must use Repokar Dispute Center to file a Claim. We will find a fair solution to the filed dispute.
Rules About Identity
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Cannot misrepresent their identities.
- Must always provide valid and complete contact information. Valid email and telephone number are required
- Cannot publish the contact information of other users in an online public area.
- Must choose their user ID according to Repokar rules.
Rules about Communication
- Cannot use our member-to-member contact options to send spam or threats or advertising content.